1 Maison du Roy - Tourist Office

Until the French Revolution, the town of Les Baux was the centre of both royal and lordly jurisdiction and, for many years, it was dispensed from this building, the "King's House", built in 1499. Justice was meted out here in the sovereign's name. In the 19th century, an opening was made in the ramparts behind the buildings, giving the town the entrance we see today. The King's House is now the home of the Tourist Office.